Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mark your calendars!

Friends, I've been lacking in creativity and motivation. I feel like I'm in a season of life where I'm being humbled. I think it's a good thing, but it's incredibly difficult to walk through at the time. All in all, and not to sound cheesy, but I think it's helping know where my identity lies and what is important in life. I have so many blessings (my hot husband, for one -- and a gorgeous daughter, for two), and I'm learning work is just that -- work. Sometimes fulfilling, sometimes disappointing -- but not where I'm going to stake my value.

With that in mind, I'm excited to announce that we're adding baby #2 to the family mix! I'm due Dec. 15-ish. So far, I'm feeling crappy, but much better than I did when I was pregnant with Baby Briese #1.

Bert and I can only seem to come up with boy names -- is that a sign? With our first, we could only come up with girl names. Interesting.

And to my friend John -- congrats on your baby boy!!! He's beautiful (and he's still young enough that I won't offend his manliness by saying so), and you and your bride are going to be awesome parents.

Yay for new life.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS! My prayers are for a healthy pregnancy and an easy delivery for a healthy, strong baby! Great news indeed. And as for fatherhood, thanks for the love! We're still getting broken sleep at night from Finnegan waking us up a lot, but that's all just fun and games. I sure have a much, much greater appreciation for both sleep and coffee. Regardless, I'm jacked for you two! Congrats on baby #2. John is a good boys' name... :) CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete