Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's going to happen.

Even if I really have nothing to say, I'm going to blog two days in a row. You know why? I like blogging. Contrary to popular belief, it's not a chore -- even if I sometimes make it sound that way. There is something very freeing about putting finger to keypad to type out some thoughts. And as I type right now, I'm remember a cute little story about my baby girl that happened just yesterday.

I was sitting on the couch (not feeling great -- par for the course) and we were all getting ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. I had just helped her put her shoes on, and she decided I needed to put my shoes on. There were four or five pairs sitting in the entryway, and she went over to pick one out. I was so curious to see which ones she'd pick, and if she'd even get a matching pair.

So, what does she grab? The fanciest shoes in the pile. The red high heels. The other options were all brown or black casual shoes. She proudly sets up the red shoes and points to them and says, "Mom!"

From this experience, I have determined:
1) My child has good fashion sense.
2) My child may be more outgoing than I originally thought. (I mean, red is a pretty outgoing color.)
3) My child is cute. Really cute. (I already knew this, though.)

(For the record, I didn't wear the red shoes. I asked her to get me a different pair. She went for a cute pair of black ballet flats. Still good taste. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait til Finnegan is to the age where he can party with us, instead of just poop himself a lot. Oof. Good work on Olive. You're raising her right. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete