Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's hard to blog...

When you don't have anything to blog about.

The thing about pregnancy, for me, is that it's all-consuming. There are few moments in my day when my main thoughts don't revolve around, "Don't throw up. Don't throw up. Don't throw up."

Bert has become accustomed to me speaking in short, direct, two word sentences. "Love you." "I'm sorry." "Food please." "Drink please." "Hate you." (Just kidding on that last one... most of the time.)

The weird thing for me is that I can't read books outloud to my daughter without getting gaggy. I don't know what it is, but reading two sentences sends me heaving. "One fish, two fish, red fish, *barf." My sentences to her consist of "Love you." "I'm sorry." "Gimme kiss."

Siblings in far away places (Oregon), I still love you. I just can't talk on the phone. Text messaging is my preferred mode of communication.

Some may find my silence a blessing. I'm just ready to be able to be my normal, chatty self again. Isn't everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment